Mental Health Links
South Texas Health System Behavioral is happy to provide the following links for more information on mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Harvard Health
- American Psychiatric Association
- Psychology Today
- National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention
- The National Council for Behavioral Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Alliance on Mental Illness is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness through support, education, advocacy and research.
- Bring Change 2 Mind: Awareness of Mental Illnesses
- Bring Change 2 Mind strives to 1) Provide people who have misconceptions about mental illness quick and easy information to combat the stigma, and 2) Provide people who have mental illness and those who know them quick and easy access to information and support.
- South Texas Health System
- STHS is the Upper Rio Grande Valley’s largest hospital group includes: Edinburg Children’s Hospital, Edinburg Regional Medical Center, McAllen Medical Center, McAllen Heart Hospital and South Texas Health System Behavioral .
Live Better. We Can Help.
South Texas Health System Behavioral offers confidential assessments for those in need of behavioral health, substance abuse treatment and more. Our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to schedule assessments at 956-388-1300. If you need immediate medical assistance, please contact 911 or seek the nearest emergency room.